In June 2022, Donuts Inc. was renamed Identity Digital. Please see the Portfolio page for more information.
Boston – Ethos Capital LP (“Ethos” or the “Firm”) announced today that its acquisition of Donuts Inc. (“Donuts” or the “Company”) in March 2021 has been recognized as a Middle-Market Deal of the Year by Mergers & Acquisitions magazine and its accompanying website, themiddlemarket.com. The acquisition of Donuts, a global leader in next generation top-level domains (“TLDs”) and digital identity, was the only digital infrastructure deal recognized.
Mergers & Acquisitions notes that the Donuts investment “takes place at a time when the value of digital identity is on the rise.” In light of this attractive opportunity, Ethos played a key role in Donuts’ merger with Afilias, Inc., a leading top-level domain registry operator and provider, followed by the Firm’s acquisition of the combined Company, which now holds the world’s largest portfolio of TLDs.
Erik Brooks and Fadi Chehadé, Co-CEOs of Ethos, commented, “We are honored that our investment in Donuts was selected as a Deal of the Year by one of our industry’s venerable publications. In particular, we are proud to receive this special recognition for our first transaction since founding the Firm. The Donuts investment involved many months of hard work and dedication from our team, and strong support from our advisors and partners. We are excited about our partnership with the Company and look forward to supporting the management team as they continue to grow the business. Additionally, we are enthusiastic about the many other attractive investment opportunities we are seeing across our sectors of focus.”
About Ethos Capital LP
Ethos was established to make majority and control minority investments in middle-market information service companies, primarily across North America and Europe. The organization provides operational expertise to companies through a dedicated team of 15 Executive Partners. Ethos’ strategy is to add value by partnering with existing management teams to strategically enhance operations and accelerate growth.
Ethos Capital is actively seeking new investment opportunities with companies that understand the importance of stakeholder capitalism and appreciate the impact of implementing responsible strategies. For more information, please visit www.ethoscapital.com.
Mergers & Acquisitions conducted their 15th Annual M&A Mid-Market Awards in 2022. The awards focus on the deals themselves recognizing the best of the middle market, with buyers winning the awards.
• Transactions must have closed between 1/1/21 and 2/28/22.
• Deal value must be between $100M and approximately $1B. (Deals with undisclosed terms are also accepted.)
• The buyer and/or seller must be a U.S. company.
• Nominations must be submitted through their electronic form only.
• There is no fee to submit a nomination (and no compensation was provided).
• Anyone can submit a nomination, but the buyer will be the winner.
• There is no limit to the number of nominations an individual or firm can nominate.
• On the nomination form, only information that may be published should be provided.
• They do not accept anonymous nominations or confidential information on the nomination form.